111 Lane Parkway
Shelbyville, Tennessee 37160
The Shelbyville fire department was organized December 2, 1885. In 1883, a good
steam fire-engine and a hook and ladder wagon was purchased by the town at a cost of
$22,000. A steam force pump was also purchased at a cost of $800, which was placed
at the mill of Lipscomb & Co.
Click Photo to enlarge
Our department has 37 full time and 12 volunteer members. We operate out of three fire
stations and protect an area of approximately 17 square miles with a population of 20,149
people. Our department has earned a Class 3 ISO rating.
Historical Picture Page